Friday, November 02, 2007

Never mind

Back in the 70's, Gilda Radner played a character on Saturday Night Live named Emily Litella. (You know, back when SNL was funny.) Miss Litella was an older woman who would misunderstand the topic of a commentary by a single word, but would still discuss the topic at length until her mistake was brought to her attention. For example, she once wondered why people were against violins on television. She thought we needed more violins and less of that loud rock music. When told that people were actually against violence on television, and not violins, she responded with her usual, "Oh, well that's different. Never mind."

Several months ago, I was reading the news headlines on Yahoo when one caught my eye. It stated that some people had been injured by tomatoes in Florida. I remembered the spinach deaths prior to that, and I thought to myself, "This is why I'm a carnivore. Vegetables are evil, and I didn't work my way up the food chain just to eat grass! Vegetables aren't food. They're what food eats."

So I clicked the link to view the entire article. I then realized that I had misread the headline. The people weren't hurt by tomatoes in Florida; they were hurt by tornadoes.

Well, that's different. Never mind.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you need glasses. Did you ever think of that? Or better yet eat a few carrots.

Anonymous said...

No!!! Carrots are evil. They promote violins!!

Ron said...

That's okay, USA Today had a headline about airports and fake bomb threats and I thought it said fake boob threats. Like those could ever be a threat.

Anonymous said...

Did someone say Boobs?

tbc