I was in the doctor's office for a routine checkup, and I was finally called into the back. My actual appointment didn't take long, and I rushed out of the office so that I could get back to work. Well, that was my intention.
In the waiting room an elderly gentleman was sitting by himself waiting for his appointment. No other patients were there. As I walked toward the door he asked me if only one doctor was working today. I answered, and he then continued talking for the next 15-20 minutes on a wide range of topics. I gathered he was just happy to have an audience so I stood there quietly and nodded occasionally.
Here are some of the topics that were brought up:
- On his first visit to this clinic the doctor stuck a needle THIS BIG (hands held 2 feet apart) up his butt.
- Seventy-five is a good age to die. After that, the body starts falling apart, and you spend most of your time in the doctor's office.
- He was 87.
- When Indians (Native Americans) turned forty, they went off into the woods to die. That seemed like a good idea to him.
- He voted for Obama because the other clique had their chance for 8 years.
- I should invest in silver.