Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I don't remember if I forgot something

Coming into work this morning at my usual crack of dawn seemed different this morning. Something felt off, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it. The weather wasn't bad, and traffic was flowing at the usual early morning pace. Did I leave the stove on? No, that wasn't it (because you don't need to use the stove to make cereal). Did I forget my badge? Nope, I had that. I had no idea what was off, but I couldn't shake the feeling.

So, I walked into work, said "Morning, Frank" to the security guard who happens to be named Frank, and headed to my office. I unlocked my door, put my laptop in its docking station, and powered it up for the day.

Well, that's what I would've done if I would've remembered to bring my laptop to work today. At least I know now what was off.

7 comments:

dg said...

I've done that one myself, although I have to say that I've never made it all the way into the building without remembering that I didn't have my laptop...

Anonymous said...

You actually work?

tbc

Anonymous said...

So THEN what'd you doo???

Anonymous said...

One day I forgot to wear a bra to work, and didn't notice until lunchtime. I hope that makes you feel better.

Don Young said...

So THEN what'd you doo???

I used one of my test machines until lunch. Then I went home and worked the rest of the day from there.

Anonymous said...

I've gone all the way to the airport and done that. Missed my flight... Yay!!!

Anonymous said...

That is how I got that 4th kid!!

ter