Saturday, April 22, 2006

The physics of weed-eaters

A couple of weeks ago, after I mowed both the front yard and back yard, I wanted to run the weed-eater around the driveway, the sidewalk, the house, and the fence. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it started. Since this was the first time this spring that I had used my gas-powered weed-eater, I figured it might need a new spark plug. After all, it was three years old, and a bad spark plug would explain why it wouldn't turn over.

So this evening when it finally cooled down, I mowed the front. I decided to try the weed-eater again, because I didn't think I would have enough time to mow the back before it got dark. But after 20 minutes, I still couldn't get it started. I took a look at the spark plug, but it looked OK to my untrained eye.

At that point, I realized it was out of gas. I guess that would explain the whole "not starting" thing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

FREAK! I wish I were amazed by the things you shared...

Anonymous said...

I feel for you. There should be some sort of indicator light.

tbc

Chip said...

Don Young! Solving the world's vital issues one post at a time!

Anonymous said...

So "Gas powered" actually means the thing is powered by gas and not a spark plug..... huh.