Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hope springs eternal

There's been an update to the story I wrote back in 2003: There's always hope. The story was about my friend Laura and her mom's ELEVENTH marriage. Well, that one ended long ago, but this month Laura's mom got married yet again! Her husband count remains at nine because she remarried the same guy from marriage #11.

Laura wanted to have a betting pool on how long this one would last, so she asked me to write something for her. I created a simple website where you could guess the length of this marriage (in months) and also choose the over/under of 6 months: Marriage Pool. Her mom's marriages have lasted between two weeks and ten years, but I guessed it would last at least a month so you can choose between 1 and 60 months. (I'd be surprised if it lasted longer than that.) Please only bet once per person.

There is no cost to bet because there's no prize for winning. Ok, maybe the lucky winner will get to be the next spouse, even the ladies. Who knows, maybe by then she'll have decided she's been married to every guy in existence and will have moved on to the ladies.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Clever, Don! [As always, hon!]

Love ya always, XOXO,
~Avid Reader and Your #1 Blog Fan,~

-Desi

Anonymous said...

Just want everyone to know this is a scary but TRUE story!!! I've been told I should write a book about my life with my mother... or as my husband (one and only)likes to call her... NUTSY THE CLOWN! Would you want to read it?!?!?!
-Laura